Re: [NTLK] OT Mail 2.1.1 and Yahoo.com

From: Roman Pixell [GMail] <roman.pixell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jan 05 2007 - 13:49:54 EST

On 5 jan 2007, at 19.42, Norman Palardy wrote:

> The mail only disappears if you never move it to a local folder.
> Once you've done that it stays forever.
> If you leave all your mail on the server then deleting the account
> from Mail may remove the mail as well (it wont on an IMAP server).
> I've used Mail since the very first release and never lost an email
> because of this unless I removed it.

shure - but its not very clear that the mails are residing online
ONLY. since you never get a warning about this, you might simply
forget. also, its not very evident that SENT and DRAFTS are handled
the same way...

the fact that this is confusing to many is evident - i know a lot of
instances where savvy ppl have managed to erase a lot of mails.

also, since you can access INBOX, DRAFTS and SENT even if you dont
have an internet connection can make you think youre safe. in
reality, youre not.

vänliga hälsningar / warmest regards,

/ ®

roman pixell, freelancer