Re: [NTLK] Seeding UNNA torrent

From: Dale Raby <daleraby_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 00:29:26 EST

I noticed the torrent link, but didn't know how to make use of it. I'm old
and resistant to new ideas, you see, so I never investigated Bittorrent.
Since I have been getting so much help from the list, I thought that I would
also check out the seeding prospects.
After instructing Yum to install the appropriate software, and punching a
hole in my firewall, I commenced to downloading. As I write this, I am
downloading at a blistering pace of 78-80 KB/s, and I have 5:51 hours
remaining, according to my bar chart. I've instructed my BitTorrent client
to seed indefinitely and set the upload to 79 KB/s, reasoning that I should
be able to seed as the same rate as I "harvest".

I plan to just leave it seeding until I notice a flying pig or something.
If anyone knowlegable about BitTorrent knows why I shouldn't do what I plan,
lemme know and I'll change something.

Dale