Re: [NTLK] [OT] Carl Sagan Vindication

From: Dale Raby <daleraby_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 10:39:29 EST

On 1/4/07, jabberwock@poetic.com <jabberwock@poetic.com> wrote:

> We must tread with care on matters of religion here, but I can't help

OK, list rejected me... trying again...

18 replies to an OT discussion.... what have we done?!

Some random thoughts jotted down on my Newton 2100 at 5:47 AM on 1/17/04:

Exodus 15, the Song of Praise describes the water standing up like walls.
How could this be done?

A principal applies: "A sufficiently advanced technology is
indistinguishable from magic."... (Arthur C. Clarke) One can extrapolate
from this then that all magic is "merely" highly advanced technology. The
technology of God would be most highly advanced indeed.

Are the occupants of UFO's "interstellar missionaries" or are they angels?
Is there any practical difference?

One of those "things that make you go hmmm..." Random thoughts jotted down
early in the morning are occasionally amusing and sometimes interesting.
One o' these days I'll put 'em all out there under a nom de guerre.

Dale