Re: [NTLK] Prototype eMate 300

From: Dale Raby <daleraby_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 11:10:40 EST

Just a primitive suggestion: After upgrading the memory in my recently
acquired and enhanced eMate, it wouldn't boot. Pushing the power button had
no effect. Figuring I had pulled the power lead out of the battery case
somehow (though I couldn't fathom just exactly how), I opened the case again
and checked it out. Power leads seemed sound. I wiggled the memory chip a
bit and my eMate squealed like a pig and then booted up.
Everything I had stored internally was wiped, but the machine worked again.
I got a lesson in backing up data and the knowledge that the memory module
must be properly seated or the eMate won't power up.

So... maybe if you open the case and wiggle the ROM chip and any other
essential "daughterboard" type components? Maybe some tuner cleaner on the
contacts? Could be just that simple.

Dale