Re: [NTLK] Fwd: Hacked WiFi driver

From: Alex Perez <aperez_at_alexperez.com>
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 14:37:44 EST

Tovi wrote:
> I agree with Christian in that we should ask him, but considering
> that other people have tried and have been unsuccessful I wouldn't
> get my hopes up on receiving a response. My advice would be to
> contact him 2-3 times and if there is no response then release it.
>
> Tovi

Just release it. I have had a buddy who lives in Japan and speaks fluent
Japanese translate a letter to him asking him if he would either release
the source or allow the community to purchase it, and he never replied
back. His English seems to be borderline-atrocious, which is why I took
this route, hoping it might result in an actual reply. After three tries
over as many months, I think we can all be convinced he is not going to
respond. I performed an exhaustive search of the web for his name and
addresses to no avail, only finding other people with the same name who
were not him.

The time for action is long overdue, and frankly, the lack of wifi
availability is contributing to the death of the Newton.

Regards,
Alex Perez