Re: [NTLK] WEP

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 00:34:27 EST

On Jan 9, 2007, at 9:20 PM, William Pociengel wrote:

> Morgan Aldridge wrote:
>> WPA & WPA2 are currently implemented by 802.11g cards (all of which
>> are CardBus at minimum, not PCMCIA, and so incompatible with the
>> Newton), not by 802.11b cards supported on the Newton. Unfortunately,
>> that means we're stuck where we are.
>
> usb wireless? pity there isn't some way to plug a wireless dongle
> into a
> pc, program it and then plug it into a newt.

Actually you can use a cell phone that supports a bluetooth link and
a WPA Wifi connection at the same time as a bridge.

The Nokia E60 I have should be able to do this, although I haven't
tried it.

Marty

PS The E60 has a good browser or two, and a good email software
also, so this is kind of a questionable setup.