Re: [NTLK] Why would anyone use WEP enabled

From: James Grubic <jgrubic_at_bozeman.k12.mt.us>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 11:33:05 EST

> I haven't seen any access points that don't allow unencrypted
> transmission? Which are you referring to?

I think my commentwas meant to be about WEP support in the WiFI cards
being used. People should obviously prefer WEP over unencrypted
tranmission. Even though it *could* be hacked, it's a far lower chance
than someone running a wireless packet sniffer and spying the
unencrypted tranmission.

I was one of the people trying to get a WaveLAN Bronze to work on the
Newt, so I am experienced with failure in this area.

So I stand corrected.

James