Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 13:46:06 EST

At 05:34 10.01.2007, you wrote:
>Hello all,

(...)

>Today, the Newton WAS pretty damn
>awesome, but now I welcome the future and it is the iPhone.

I might be talking from a minority position here, but as I use
my Newtons (2 x 2100, 1 x eMate) mainly as portable
writing devices (with all the other wonderful features
attached), I don't see how the iPhone even could even begin
to replace them. Plus I don't even own a mobile, because I
don't want one.

Is the iPhone impressive? In many ways. Convergence,
innovation, overall tech sexiness: you got it. But
unfortunately its screen is too small and text input
simply doesn't seem to be a key feature. Unless we
see a version with a somewhat larger screen width,
making good use of Inkwell and allowing for real keyboard
input too, the iPhone doesn't meet my needs.

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/concord/