Re: [NTLK] END: Hacked WiFi driver

From: xp <xp_at_thirring.org>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 18:16:00 EST

> Hi Folks,
>
> We have, among our community, several developers that still participate in
> the community. How do you think they feel about discussions of software
> theft? How incented would *you* be to sink time and effort in a product
> that eventually will be stolen by the very users you were trying to help?

This isn't about software being stolen. Each and everyone of us would be
fully willing to pay for this software, if the owner made claim to it. Fact
is, he's abandoned it. The website says registration is closed, and he is
not accepting payment for this. Also the fact is, noone is delveloping
anything further in the area of wifi at the present moment.
I doubt very much Hiroshi thinks anything about his software at the present
point, since he hasn't responded to any of this. Here's another thing to
consider. What of those who have bought the software in the past, have done
brainwipes and are now left with noone to contact to regain access to it. Is
this fair?