Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 22:24:09 EST

On Jan 10, 2007, at 2:17 PM, James Grubic wrote:

> The parallel I see is that Apple has almost been forcing people into
> upgrading their hardware every couple of years. I think about this
> every
> time a new piece of software is released that will only work on the
> newest OS and the newest computer, while legacy users either have to
> spend a lot of cash or draw a line in the sand.

This isn't true. I run Tiger on old hardware (circa 1995) and it
works fine. Try running XP on a PC from 1995.

Actually OSX has gained performance in every version so far, so
unless you are looking for pro level apps (final cut pro) that
require the G4, Tiger and most/many programs run fine on G3
hardware. Not super speedy, but reliable and workable.

Marty