Re: [NTLK] [OT] OSX on unsupported macs.

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 12:52:06 EST

On Jan 11, 2007, at 9:17 AM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> On 1/11/07, Victor Rehorst <victor@newtontalk.net> wrote:
>>
>> You can run 10.2 on a Rev A iMac. I have one here at work that
>> has it.
>> Though I put a 256MB DIMM in the little guy (32MB would not have
>> hacked
>> it)
>
> How about a iMac DV+?
> Or a Wallstreet with a Sonnet G4/500 & 512MB of Ram?
For Tiger on a Wall Street, check out Xpostfacto over at Other world
computing...

http://macsales.com

> If you can also give me an idea about the process if it's unusual I'd
> appreciate it...

For Wallstreet, you will need a DVD drive to install Tiger, so if
your system doesn't have one, either pulling the internal drive
(which is easy on this beautifully designed unit), or attaching an
external drive (you need a SCSI based DVD drive) is necessary.

Let me know if I can help.
Marty

PS it works without muss or fuss on slot loaders that have a DVD drive.

PPS You do need enough RAM to make it useable