Re: [NTLK] Welcome back Newton - iPhone interface

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 13:17:33 EST

Yes Gisela, thanks for your many insights, especially from the multi-
lingual perspective.

I agree completely about the camera, and also about the entertainment
(don't need that). I do think the iPhone will work ok without being
connected though.

One of the reasons that I like T-mobile best, is that they have a 4.99
$US (now 5.99$ apparently) GPRS/EDGE service that doesn't count
minutes. I use this to connect my wife to her office when she is on
the road. No unexpected charges.

Personally, I don't have a cell phone contract and don't want one.
So this is a deal breaker with the iphone. I buy unlocked cell
hardware on ebay (t68i,t610,V550,Nokia E60, etc) and then use it with
any GSM provider I choose (orange,vodaphone,tmobile,etc).

I still think the design of the "iphone" is going to really open up a
new field of clever software for portables, and I am hoping that
Einstein could run on there also at some point. That is my dream.

Thanks again,
Marty