Re: [NTLK] Newtonlink

From: John <john_at_mediaonfire.com>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 13:47:01 EST

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 19:02, newtontalk@newtontalk.net
wrote:
> Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:48:37 -0600
> From: "Dale Raby" <daleraby@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newtonlink
>
> Hello,
> Thanks for the suggestions, John, but nothing is ever simple
> with Linux is it? I hit another snag. Here is the dialogue:
>
> [root@localhost dale]# perl -MCPAN -e shell
>
> ... lots of output
>
> Where is your wget program? [/usr/bin/wget]
> Warning: ncftpget not found in PATH
> Where is your ncftpget program? []

No need to quit here. The cpan shell looks for
all its options during configuration. It would
just use what it found (wget in this case) if
there were no ncftpget.

> ... more lots of output

> Warning: Cannot install TimeDate, don't know what it is.
> Try the command
>
> i /TimeDate/
>
> to find objects with matching identifiers.
>
> cpan> i /TimeDate/
> Distribution id = G/GB/GBARR/TimeDate-1.16.tar.gz

Checkout search.cpan.org. It looks like TimeDate is
the tarball and Date::Format is the module (as is
Date::Parse).

So:

cpan> install Date::Format

(for TimeDate)

cpan> install XBase::Base

(for DBD-XBase)

Sorry, bad info from me on the first pass.

-John