[NTLK] [OT] OS X on unsupported macs. [WAS: "Re: The day the Newton died it's final death..."]

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 19:42:48 EST

~~~ On 2007/01/11 18:11, Sonny Hung at sonnyhung@gmail.com wrote ~~~

> I've got an Laptop to Desktop HD adapter so I would give this a try just for
> the heck of it... Here's hoping I get it running later with OSX 10.2.8 or
> 10.3.x or 10.4.x - who knows... anyone crazy enough to have tried this on a
> Wallstreet yet?

Sonny,

A fellow MUGger in the group I belong to is running Tiger (10.4.8) on his PB
G3 bronze keyboard. I'm not sure if he's on Lombard or Wallstreet, but he
tells me Tiger actually runs better on it than Panther did. I can ask him
which PB he's got to be sure, if you like.

I know we also have others in our MUG running Tiger on some very old
hardware.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- in appreciation of Arthur C. Clarke

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/