Re: [NTLK] The day the Newton died it's final death...

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 13 2007 - 18:09:19 EST

On 1/13/07, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:

> ~~~ On 2007/01/11 18:11, Sonny Hung at sonnyhung@gmail.com wrote ~~~
> My friend has also mentioned that sometimes you can do this kind of legacy
> installation without XPF just by editing one of the files in the
> installation disk or disk image. You either edit the image or make an
> image
> from the installation DVD and edit that. (I guess you have to have access
> to a more modern Mac to work with the DVD.)

Hi Christian,

Hm, interesting....

Apparently there's a file with the installer that lists which Macs
> "shouldn't" be given OS X. He says it can be edited in TextEdit; you just
> delete the name of your model and replace the "official" file with your
> edtied version. This technique is how he put Tiger on his Lombard.

Hm, I wonder if there is a site that documents this well? I'll have to
research this method out to see if it will work for me and my Wallstreet.

So that's two possible solutions to your question. FWIW.

That's great! I'm stoked - now if only I had more time - maybe soon... I
wouldn't count on it but who knows...
Thanks for this second possibility.

--
God bless,