Re: [NTLK] [OT] CD Cube eject how

From: John <OceanCity_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun Jan 14 2007 - 08:12:46 EST

>You should be able to reboot the machine and hold down the mouse button.

Thank you all for your constructive replies.
As it turns out, all you need do is hold down the "option" key during
boot, you will then be provided with a rudimentary choice of target
boost sources, such as your primary default internal hard drive, other
internal hard drives, enternal USB or FIREWIRE or other bootable media,
CD, etc. You then choose and there you go.

Holding down the mouse key on "some" macs ejects the CD at boot, but not
on my cube.

Additional good mac Keyboard standards are here:

<http://tinyurl.com/yczzzh>
or
<http://www.1234zzzz.com/pub/Mac%20OS%20X%20Keyboard%20Commands.pdf>

So the one I needed is referred to as "invoke Startup Manager". You
hold down the "option" key during boot.

Another way, I still never tracked down, used to know and forgot, is to
use either a plastic or a metal jig to press on the secret IC board
nodes which are barely visible from the CD Cube slot. You have to know
EXACTLY where these nodes are and EXACTLY how to encourage them, as it's
apparently a deep top-level secret.

Long story short, I Googled to find the "hold down the option key"
trick. Funny, in the the end even Apples knowledge base was inferior to
Googles algorithm across the board!

John