Re: [NTLK] Newton is dead, long live Newton.

From: Sonya Hipper <sonyalynn_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon Jan 15 2007 - 03:14:57 EST

Funny you should mention this idea. I saw something just like it once
on an unaired TV pilot called Global Frequency. (How I saw it, don't
ask. :-P )

But the Global Frequency was a shadowy organization that communicated
via these über-phones with just exactly the kind of detachable
earpieces you describe (at least 2/phone if memory serves), and
capable of streaming video over the cell network, taking pictures,
various sorts of readings, and displaying data I/O capabilities (such
as being able to provide a cellular data connection to any device it
could be interfaced with wired or wirelessly).

It was mighty kewl. If you can find it, you'd probably get a kick out
of the show.

For the record, I honestly think that, detachable earpieces aside,
the iPhone is a hacker's handheld wet dream and would have the Global
Frequency plotzing. ;-)

But that's just me.

-Sonya

Ed Kummel wrote:
> You know...I've long had this very same idea...and now that
> bluetooth has become so prevalent, there is no reason it can't
> happen. I envision that the earpiece at the top of a phone can
> become dicsonnected from the main body of the phone and becomes a
> seperate bluetooth enabled earpiece when seperate. When "docked" to
> the phone, it performs the function of a speaker and charges the
> battery...
> This is the level of utility I am looking for in a phone...

==
     "I urge you all today, especially today during these
times of chaos and war, to love yourself without reservations
and to love each other without restraint. Unless you're into
leather. And then, by all means, use restraints."
                                                 —Margaret Cho

Sonya Hipper
sonyalynn@earthlink.net
AIM: SonyaLynn