Re: [NTLK] Harris Apple Newton Message Pad Access Device Wireline

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 09:17:28 EST

On 1/17/07, Sam Speake <sam.speake@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Harris Apple Newton Message Pad Access Device Wireline

Very Interesting!
To bad I can't get my hands on this unit.
If you have seen my photos of the previous unit that sold on eBay in 2005
you will notice a few interesting facts.

The current device has the following information on the back.
(See Auction Photo) - I've requested permission to use the photo but await a
reply still.
Access Device, Wireline
O/N: 29100001
P/N: 024825910002
ISS: 1
S/N: E 9729 000017

The prior device has the following information on the back.
http://flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/57849100
Access Device (referred in documentation online as Access Device 2000)
O/N: 29100001
P/N: 024825910002
ISS: 2
S/N: E 9804 000021

- As you can decipher by the Order Number it's in the same line. (Numbers
are exactly alike)
- The Part Number however ends in a "1" versus the prior Access Device which
ends in a "2"
Assumption is that it came first.
- The ISS also indicates the same.
- The Serial Number on the Access Device, Wireless shows 9729 : I'd venture
to say it was produced in 1997. Likewise the Access Device Serial Number
shows 9804 which could be assume to mean produced in 1998. These are in my
guess possibly correct. Only the people at Harris could have enlightened us
by confirming this. Of course since the were gobbled up by Fluke and there
afterwards ALL their older documentation was thrown into the dumpsters (an
actual account I heard first hand from an old Harris employee who still
works there under Fluke as a technician - back in 2006 when I asked) We will
never know...

My bests to the future owner.

--
God bless,