[NTLK] (Slightly off-topic) Create a white list from addresses in an outlook personal folder

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Fri Jan 19 2007 - 20:20:49 EST

Hi folks,

since the E-Mail address that half the Newton world knows to write a
mail
to if they have a problem with their Newton has fallen into the hands of
spammers, I'm facing a little problem.

I will have to get rid of the spam mail pretty soon. It is NOT an option
these days to put spam mails on a black list (I know how to do this).
They
hardly ever send from the same address twice, and I get new spam from
new
addresses at an alarming rate.

Virtually all people I've helped Newton-wise over time are in one and
only
one Outlook personal folder. So I thought it would be cool to put the
addresses
of all people in this folder in a white list instead. That way all I had
do with in the past would still be able to reach me, but all others
would be
blocked.

The question is how to get the addresses and put them in a white list.
There
are a couple of hundreds of people in this folder, so doing this
manually
is out of the question. Is anybody aware of a way to scan an Outlook
personal
folder for E-Mail addresses and put the result either directly into a
white
list or save it in a format that can be imported in an Outlook filter?

Thank you very much in advance for any insights

Frank