Re: [NTLK] NCX: problems connecting via Ethernet

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Sat Jan 20 2007 - 13:53:02 EST

On Jan 20, 2007, at 7:33 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2007, at 4:39 AM, James Wages wrote:
>
>> I've also found dropped connections when transferring large files
>> (over 3MB in size)...

>> Despite the negatives though, I think Simon has done an excellent
>> job.
> Yes, It is an incredible update to our OSX arsenal of Newton tools,

Those serial port dropout obviously come from a serial connection
that is simply too fast. Since a baud rate is a baud rate, it cant be
the transfer rate itself. It seems that there were some (untimed)
busy loops in the original connection utilities that the Newton needs
to avoid the hick-up.

Has anyone researched where those hick-ups actually occur? Is it a
byte-to-byte timing issue, or is it a pause that is required after a
certain block size? Or anything else? If we could find that out, we
could fix most apps that have this issue.

Matthias

----
http://robowerk.com/