[NTLK] Petrosains Project

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 23 2007 - 00:17:02 EST

Hi,
I'm wondering a question which might prove to be crazy OR I might be
actually thought of as crazy.
Now I've been to the Wikipedia located here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
Now when I read about the entry for the Apple Newton here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Newton#_note-1
There is a reference to the Petronas
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas>Discovery Center, known as
Petrosains.
[5] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Newton#_note-3>
There it describes how the Newton was used as part of a Museum tour...
Now I've read this several times over the years but it never hit me till
today.
This week I've been in my basement cleaning up a myriad of stuff which
includes piles of papers.
One paper out of all the lot caught my eye. It was a photocopy of a check I
was issued back in 1998. This check was for the total sum of $2.00.
Now if you have seen my recent Flickr updates you might have seen this
photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/352420652/i

This seems to be a long and convoluted thread but please bear with me as tie
this all together.

Now the sum of $2.00 was to correct a payment error which was off by $2.00
as the original amount should have been $1,900.00 paid to me for the
purchase of two Apple Newton MessagePads. Both of which were MP2000u's which
I paid an additional $100.00/each for Apple to upgrade to a MP2100. Now I
had recounted the story of this sale and that a company posted that they
were willing to pay $1, 000.00/Newton (pristine condition was the wording
they used). In anycase I had NO IDEA about the Petrosains Project back then.
Now let's get back to the check. What really caught my eye was that on the
check was a name for the account, and it reads the following:

ANWAY & COMPANY
PETROSAINS PROJECT ACCOUNT
266 SUMMER STREET, 4TH FLOOR
BOSTON, MA 02210

Now this got my boat!

I believe my Newtons were commandeered to Petronas Discovery Center!

One of the reasons for me to tell this tale is to ask DID ANYONE ELSE take
this offer?
I wish I had a way to track my Newtons down and if at all possible contact
them to get one back!
Scann of check: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/366671977/

--
God bless,