Re: [NTLK] storage card lock issue

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Tue Jan 23 2007 - 10:08:14 EST

On 1/23/2007 9:51 AM, Sonny Hung wrote:
> On 1/23/07, Dan <dan@dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:
>> while the 2x00 and emate can write at 12v or 5v.
>
> Dan,
>
> FYI: The eMate requries a card to be 5v/5v Read/Write!
>
> If this were not the case then all my New 4MB Flash Cards would be happiliy
> playing with my eMate 300's. However the eMate being picky requries that I
> search for those 5v cards... and sometimes they are only acquired by paying
> a premium on eBay...

Whoops yes sorry about that. Yes the emate is a bit more "finicky" than
the 2x00 with regard to cards.

By the way, most cards are "multi-voltage" meaning they can write at say
3.5v, 5v, or 12v. The Newt requires 12v or 5v, depending on the Newt
(as has been previously stated). Though it is sometimes hard to
determine as this information is often not even on the packaging. But
many manufactures have this on their website, however that can get
interesting as many companies "rebrand" the cards and you may not know
who the original manufacturer of the chipset it is.

-Dan