[NTLK] Q: Newton Interconnect China N1

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 23 2007 - 11:25:57 EST

Hi,
Not sure if I asked this already but let me try again if I did.
I went through the Newton FAQs already and read up regarding the Newton
Interconnect notation.
The regular OEM Newton Interconnect has on the bottom embossed China N2 and
the part number 590-0756. Now there was a reference to a Grey Newton
Interconnect on the bottom embossed Taiwan N2 and the part number 590-0756
also. However I'm at my wits end to figure out what I have in my possession
and why is it marked off differently.

I traded with a fellow Newton User (we swapped Newton Interconnects) and his
on the bottom is embossed China N1 and the part number 590-0756. Now does
anyone have any idea what this may mean? I was able to test it with a Newton
Keyboard and it does work fine. I haven't yet tested with my Newton to Sync
with the Color Classic as I'm a bit concerned and want to avoid and damage
to the Newton or Color Classic. Bear in mind I'm not aware what technical
issue this may pose nor that it would even damage anything... just being
safe here.

IF you have anything information on this please tell me as I'm trying to
document this so.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung