Re: [NTLK] eMate newbie

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Jan 30 2007 - 18:32:47 EST

Congratulations on the battery pack, you should also have a look at
issues related to the hinge spring see Frank's site
<http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html>
The CD was referred to as the eMate Connectivity CD, it contained Mac/
PC connection software
eMate Classroom Exchange (intended for classroom setting)
Newton Connection Utilities (expired, download from UNNA)
Newton Press (Download from UNNA)

Nethopper 3.0 (web browser, check list archives for updates and
alternatives.)
Newton Internet Exchange 1.1 (outdated, see Frank's site and
discussion <http://www.pda-soft.de/body_ethernetconnectivity.html>

Pre-installed software
eMate tour (useful to acquaint self with Newton os but delete for
memory reasons.)
Works Practice ( same as above.)
Modem enablers
Newton Works Graphing Calculator
Quickfigure Works Spreadsheet.
System updates.

Due to memory limitations of the non-upgraded eMate you will not want
to have excess software installed when using the pcmcia slot for
ethernet. I would do a hard reset to restore factory settings, use
Teacher Setup to set Dock Key to "dock" and follow Frank's ethernet
setup.
If your printer is ethernet able and your router is appletalk capable
then you should be able to print via ethernet.