Re: [NTLK] What are the news on Newton development?

From: Xenon Soft <xenon_soft_at_yahoo.es>
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 22:18:41 EST

Our mailing-list mate Tony Kan, has send me a
interesting starting point for a 2006 Newton
compilation :D

I think is interesting for all.

With this starting point I will start doing a "Present
Newton" website, starting for the 2006 highlights and
focusing with the present situation of Newton
machines.

Yours,

Salva

==============

Here is some news items that come to mind for me that
should get you
started on
a compilation...

Previously Commercial Software released as freeware
Nproject: thanks to the efforts Matt K (9/06)

Newly released software developments
------------------------------------
NCX (alpha/beta release) for OSX by Simon Bell (12/06)
Bluetooth Dongle by Adriano (12/06)
IC/VC 2.5.1 by Eckhart Koppen (8/06)
Neo 1.0.1 by Eckhart Koppen (8/06)
Ntox 1.9 by Eckhart Koppen (8/06)
Newtcast audio adapter by Adriano (1/06)

Hardware/Software under development and announced in
2006
Internal USB port by Adam Goddard (9/06)
Einstein Platform 2006.6 on Linux/86 by Paul Guyot
(6/06)

New resources
Manybooks.net: an ebook site that now generates
Newton compatible
downloads
(10/06)

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.