[NTLK] Help and advice for a sort of newbie please

From: David Foley <davidfol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Jun 03 2007 - 17:13:31 EDT

Hi everyone - I'm relatively new to the list and have enjoyed looking round
the FAQ and other interesting pages - I'd be really grateful for some real
world advice and experience please.
I bought and still have one of the 110s but this suffered with power
problems pretty much from the outset.

It has lain dormant for many years but a few days ago my interest was
rekindled so I reinstalled some batteries and - after several false starts -
it powered up again. Fairly frequent turning of it on and off has not lead
to any power difficulties now though.

Because my kids' schools both use Windows to the exclusion of everything
else I have to run a Windows machine as my main machine here at home. So,
is it worth me getting a 2000 or 2100 to run with a Windows machine and
would someone with my fairly limited knowledge be able to get it working on
a wireless network here at home.

Also, is the HWR better on the 2000/2100 than the 110? What percentage
accuracy do you get?

My major use of the Newton would be note-taking which I would then tidy up
on the desktop I guess. I've looked at the Nokia N800 but it doesn't seem
to offer what I would want although wireless connectivity would be pretty
straightforward I guess. Or should I just wait for a real Apple slate (or a
linux slate???)

Am enjoying reading all the mails even though I don't understand all of
them!! Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best Wishes from the UK
David