[NTLK] For Sale or Trade: Complete, near-mint MessagePad Charging Station!

From: Huxley Dunsany <huckdunsany_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Jun 07 2007 - 01:07:52 EDT

Hi guys,
I went thrift-store hopping yesterday, and my best (and only) find
was a very nice MessagePad Charging Station. It's in the original
box (which has some wear-and-tear, but no serious damage, other than
a small tear along the front-left corner), and seems to have all the
parts that it came with when new - the charging station itself, the
AC adapter, a spare pen / stylus, and a rechargeable battery pack in
a cool little clamshell case. Each accessory is in its proper
packaging, some in plastic baggies and the rest in small cardboard
boxes. Judging by the total lack of wear on the various bits, I'd
say that this thing was very lightly used, if at all. In fact, now
that I look closer, it appears that the AC adapter is still sealed in
its baggy with what looks like original tape, and it's bound by what
looks like the original twist-tie. Pretty cool! There aren't any
documents included, but I don't know what, if any, would've come with
it 13 years ago.

I have no idea what something like this is worth, and I can't test
it, as I only have a Newton 2100, and not a MessagePad 110/120, which
this unit supports (along with other models?). If visuals are worth
anything, I'm willing to bet that it works fine, but I couldn't
promise anything. I took a peek at eBay and saw a similar set (minus
the battery pack) with a going price of $100, which I'm assuming is
rather inflated. So, if you're interested in this thing, please drop
me a line and let me know! I'm open to any sort of cash or trade
offer - I'm always looking for cool computing stuff (I'm on a real
retro kick right now, so if you have any Commodore, Atari, or Apple
II era stuff to trade, I'd be very interested!) and also any
videogame goodies.

Finally, I just uploaded some pics of the kit to my .Mac account, so
if you'd like to take a look at what I'm talking about, here's the link:

http://web.mac.com/huckdunsany/iWeb/Homepage/MessagePad.html

Thanks!

Huxley

---