Re: [NTLK] Backlight auto on, part two

From: Michael Schaefer <mpschaefer_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Jun 07 2007 - 16:06:44 EDT

Hi,

I was thinking it may be worth rebooting the Newton and stopping the
packages starting ( hold the stylus half way up the screen in about 1/2" -
Check this in the Manual it's been 2 years since I did this myself ).

Then if you turn the Newton on and off and the Backlight doesn't come on
automatically then we know it is not the NOS itself causing the problem ( or
hardware ).

Then if you reactivate 1 package at a time you should hopefully reach a
point where it starts to occur and you will know which package is causing
the problem.

Then you can look there for a solution.

Michael