Re: [NTLK] Newton Press freezing

From: Wes Loder <mwl2_at_email.psu.edu>
Date: Fri Jun 08 2007 - 10:43:45 EDT

>Hi there
>
>When I use Newton Press on my wife's PC, I have no problems at all. It
>works well for text only and also for pictures.
>
>However when I attempt the same on my g3 powerbook and try to load a
>PICT image it closes and a Type 1 or Type 2 error appears?
>(It wont accept bmp files, saying the relevant translator is not
>available). Even though the files are small, around 60k, it crashes most
>of the time. Every now and then it works ok but is very rare. I have no
>problems whatsoever with NCU or other programmes.
>
>Could anyone give me some advice re OS9.2.2 I've tried uninstalling and
>reinstalling Newton Press with no improvement.

When I was trying to relocate a graphic in my "book," Newton Press
crashed (in Classic mode). I rebooted and was more careful in not
trying to move the graphic around once I had it where I wanted on the
first "copy and paste." I do not know if that helps, bit certainly
not a bomb-proof program. WES

--
Michael Wescott Loder
Campus Librarian