Re: [NTLK] Continuing the Battery Tray Rebuild Thread...

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue Jun 12 2007 - 21:44:25 EDT

The heat suggests that you have a short somewhere. check to see
where there could be an accidental cross connection. Look for the
possibility that a wire or spot of solder is piercing the insulation
of a pair of batteries.
Next se a volt meter to test the cumulative increase in voltage along
the series, and/or some sort of continuity tester to see if you are
delivering power to the connector. If you used an eMate connector,
red is connected to the positive terminal and black to neg.

After you have confirmed that there is no short, try pressing the
reset button and wait a minute or so.

I built one of these for myself and also included the polyswitch in
the circuit, taped to the side of one of the batteries.

good luck

Woody