Re: [NTLK] (newbie, kinda) Upgrading a H1000 to 2.0/2.1

From: Dale Raby <daleraby_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jun 29 2007 - 20:52:24 EDT

I am by no means an expert, but so far as I know, you have to have at least
a Newton MP120b or MP130 to get Newton OS 2.0 running and a later model yet
to get 2.1 going. There are, of course, a few upgrades available for
download, but I've never heard of an upgrade to 2.0 that will work on the
OMP. The HEAP memory is not upgradeable on that model and it is not
sufficient to run 2.0.
Now, if you've read about somebody who managed this trick despite the
impossibility of it, I would greatly appreciate a web reference. There is
an old Chinese proverb: "Those who say it cannot be done should *not get in
the way of the person doing* *it*". So, if somebody is doing it, I'll
happily step out of the way and follow that person's lead.

Dale