[NTLK] NTK Protocol again...

From: matthiasm <mm_at_matthiasm.com>
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 17:38:27 EST

I found a few messages related to the serial protocol between NTK and
the Newton. I understand how the packages are bracketed between 16
10 02 xx and 10 03 CRC16. I do have some trouble understanding the
data in the middle:

Some packages are easy and just contain streaming objects, but some
are just gibberish. Is that what comes out of MNP5? Is there a way to
enable MNP5 (or whatever that compression may be) during the first
connection handshakes?

Any hints, as tiny as they may be, are greatly appreciated. I promise
to write everything I can collect into the Wiki and publish the
source code that implements the NTK Inspector as far as I can figure
it out.

Thanks,

  Matthias

----