Re: [NTLK] Looking for a part for my eMate

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 02 2007 - 11:21:49 EST

On 3/2/07, Dan <dan@dbdigitalweb.com> wrote:

> Indeed. Love my emate. I just wish that Apple had put the same heap
> and processor as in the 2100. Or at least the same processor as the
> 2000. Oh well. It is still a great machine for word processing (not to
> mention a occasional game of NewtGlider ;).

Dan,

At least the provided the option to upgrade it ;-)
And if you've been paying attention to eBay they were being offered
regularily recently for $19.99 BIN - it's the price of an eMate at times but
well worth the upgrade in Memory (and Heap I believe) plus the Data Path is
doubled IIRC. I'm not sure how noticeable it is but it does help.

One can always (if TEMPTED) do Stephanie Mak's eMate Hack and increase the
speed by about 33%. While I'm on this topic let me say that the Crystal used
by most out there to perform this hack to the eMate or MP2000/2100 is a
5.000 Crystal. After being in contact with Oliver (Pixsolution Group:
Implant-2000) I'd like to clarify that the correct crystal is 5.0688 mHz.
This is the reason that why people have ony gotten actual speed of
219.xxxxmHz when they installed the hack for the MP2000/2100.

God bless,
Sonny Hung
the Hung Family