Re: [NTLK] ExpensePlus 2.1

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 16:29:09 EST

Hi Eldee & the entire Newton Community,
I am sadden to report that I have been informed by Gary from WalletWare that
they stopped supporting ExpensePlus for the Newton since 2004. He stated
that they had continued to support the Newton version till then and would
still be doing so IF the last (3) People who purchased ExplensePlus had not
left such a bad taste in their mouths!

By his account these (3) individuals were informed that WalletWare was not
supporting ExpensePlus and signed acknowledgement of this fact and condition
to the sale. Unfortunate for all of us these (3) called back and tied up
many hours with WalletWare regarding support. Due to these (3) individuals
Gary informed me they decided to NOT OFFER Newton Software any longer.

He stated that since they are an active company people were going to still
call for support and they did not want to have to deal with individuals such
as the last (3) individuals who purchased it and it was easier just to NOT
OFFER it anymore to prevent support calls.

Gary was kind enough to allow me to ask further questions.

I asked Gary if in the future that their company does stop offering this
software on the other platforms completely OR they eventually do close down
(Which I hope they don't) that they would please release ExpensePlus (and I
ask for Equate also) into Freeware! I have asked that they inform me and
forward an archive copy of the software to me (I will archive this with the
Newton Museum DVD) so that I can forward it to whatever the then current
Newton Software Archive Library is (currently it is United Network of Newton
Archives - www.unna.org and we have several other smaller sites)

He informs me that the software is located on backup tapes and will have to
be pulled out and extracted... this is in addition to the Registration Cods
App.) - I do hope these tapes are in good shape if and when this situation
happens.

I do hereby PLEAD to the Newton Community that we refrain from taking action
such as the (3) Individuals have done - who have annoyed this particular
Newton Software Vendor - to not annoy the remaining Newton Software
Vendors/Authors out there... Gary also indicates he still has three
Newtons...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung