[NTLK] Letter Express app gives errors

From: <mkow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 11:58:06 EST

Hello Newtonfolk:

Is anybody currently using Letter Express by Magic Pen Software?

I tried installing the LEDemo2 app listd in the www.unna.org archives.
The app installs to my MP 2X00, but when I open it, I get error messages.
One error message says -48406. Another message box says, "Error saving changes".

I tried writing to the developers of this app, but never heard anything back about releasing the app or its source code. My next step was tracking down somebody who might have the full version. I succeeded in finding a copy of the entire Letter Express application and all related package files (minus a license, but it SHOULD work with some reduced functionality -- at least temporarily).

If anybody can offer any help with this, I would appreciate it. Is the app not supported in NOS 2.0?
Could this be caused by a conflict with something else loaded on to my Newton?

Thanks in advance.

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan USA

PS I'm also still looking for a Windows app that can automatically find URLs, open each link, copy content, and save as text or HTML!!!