Re: [NTLK] emate ethernet connection

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 16:53:11 EST

If your eMate is recognizing the ethernet cards then you probably
have the correct drivers installed.
Do you have the latest ethernet enabler, and setup software
installed? When you mentioned "local talk" I suspected that you didn't.
Is your emate set up to use that card?
Have a look at Frank's site
see <http://www.pda-soft.de/body_ethernetconnectivity.html>
If you are connecting to your mac running NCU check the NCU
preferences to select apple talk.
When connecting to NCU via ethernet you will no see a DHCP address
being assigned.
Some routers may not be able to process Apple Talk.
If your emate has upgraded ram you might try installing a web browser
and try linking to a simple site such as
<http://skweezer.net/>

Good luck
Woody