Re: [NTLK] Noobie to the newton...

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 12:22:57 EDT

NCX is quite promising, It is ethernet capable wired or wireless.
It does a pretty good job of syncing names from Newt to Mac but from
Mac to Newt I get duplicate entries.
Dates from Newt to Mac works but gives duplicate entries, no sync.
I have not tried from Mac to Newt since The Newt is my calendar.
Package install is very good, however there are problems. NCX and
Dock do not communicate well regarding installing older incompatible
pre 2.x packages, it stalls till you quit Dock. NCX also sees
packages that do not have the correct 'file type', Dock does not
attempt to install and NCX stalls till you quit Dock. In both cases
relaunching Dock reestablishes a connection.
It also does backup so it meets most of my connection needs.
I only need pre OS X for Newton Press and moving Packages from the
Newt to the desktop computer.

Woody