Re: [NTLK] XP Outlook sync utility

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 13:13:40 EDT

I am also a brave soul but I don't have Outlook to test with. But I
have all of the other requirements (so close yet so far.....).

Interesting about Action Names. I liked it except for the conversion
process when importing todo's and calls into the AN format. It is a lot
less than prefect and sometimes has issues. When I tried it again
recently it converted the todo's over just fine, but then lost them all
when I was converting them back to the standard newton format.
Thankfully I only tried this with current backups. Also with calls it
moved all the calls over to display on the day I did the conversion (5
years worth!) which AN did not like at all having so many all in one
day. And I want them on the day I created the calls not grouped into
one day, very strange it would do that. I also noted that due the
conversion utility being apart of AN rather than a separate package on
1x0 Newts you tend to run out of heap during the conversion process (if
you have quite a few calls and or todos). And finally there were issues
with the name of the Call not being correct when converted back.

It is a great program if you want to dump your old calls (and to a
lesser extent todo's) data and not worry about converting it from one
format to another. But it is not something I can't do. It always
surprised me that Iambic never fixed this issue. All they would have
had to do was release a new package to do the conversion rather than
using the built in version.

Matt if I can ask, why do you use both AN and AA together? I wouldn't
think that they would be very compatible. But I guess AA doesn't change
much in the soup itself just gives a different way to access the data.

-Dan