Re: [NTLK] First signs of jaggies, is this the beginning of the end

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 06:07:36 EDT

It could get worse. There are a number of theories as to why they occur:

Dust under the bezel
Buggy or incompatible software
Defective touchscreen

In my case, I tried all the recommended simple fixes but the jaggies never
completely went away.

Doug Parker kindly tried shaving the bezel for me but in the end he did me the
great service of replacing the touchscreen altogether; that solved the problem.

I have gotta say that the Jaggies is THE greatest weakness of the Newton.

Warm regards

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
Is this sign of things to come or might the problem have been temporary?
[snip]