Re: [NTLK] reply doesn't do what you think it does was: Re: NewtonWorld 'magazine'

From: Joost van de Griek <jvdg_at_jvdg.com>
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 05:14:48 EDT

William Pociengel wrote:

> ahhhhh I didn't know that. I don't use mail.app I'm using thunderbird
> but I'm not caring for it to much. but I really want cross platform
> mail. then I can have my email on a server and get to it from wherever I
> am. I've not seen the compelling part of mail to get me to switch (i
> didn't care for what it looked like it was doing with my multiple email
> accounts and servers.

Email is inherently cross-platform. The client you use has no bearing on your ability to keep mail on the server to have it accessible to multpile clients. But to each their own.

> anyway on thunderbird you have to select the sender and chose write an
> email which does not forward the content of the one they sent.

If that is the case, this is a serious oversight in Thunderbird. I do suspect, however, that is not in fact the case, and that a little RTFM can fix the problem.

,xtG
tsooJ