Re: [NTLK] Boy, I want the same drug...

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 16 2007 - 20:05:57 EDT

~~~ On 2007/03/16 22:52, Frank Gruendel at newtontalk@pda-soft.de wrote ~~~

> that this fellow just had.

Frank,

I don't recognize the specific drug, but whatever it is it induces
delusional thinking and grandiosity.

As for who/what "maceffects" is, the ebay page has a link to:
<http://maceffects.net/>

DISCLAIMER: the following is a personal opinion. It does not claim to
represent any other person or group of persons including NewtonTalk. Given
its source [me], it may be wrong.

Evidently some kind of small online shopping thing. "Products" seems really
to be just one product, and that link takes you straight to the "shop" link.
That one product seems to be a bit -- well, maybe I'll let everyone else
decide for themselves. I'll just say my $25 stays in my pocket.

The "forum" link leads to a real forum. The forum is something of a
curate's egg. It includes thread titles that look interesting but it also
has a thread called "Earn money promoting us!" The "Support" link leads to
an external site that seems unrelated.

And the whole time I was browsing the MacEffects site, I was remembering
that sentence further down the E-bay sale page: "This is a family run hobby,
I'm not a business." Really? A hobby-not-a-business? How many
hobbies-not-businesses need to run a "shop" on the net, and offer people
money for helping with the advertising? (Flashback: "I did not have sex
with that woman." Yep.)

I guess I'm too old-fashioned to understand this use of language.

But for me, visiting his non-business family hobby web-site gave me some
insight into that price.

And despite saying that, it's an auction site, and a thing is worth whatever
people will pay for it. $99? Caveat emptor!

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl