[NTLK] eMate battery not working

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 12:16:17 EDT

> Should not matter at all. I also have a eMate where the
> battery was fine a while back then I went away on
> business and found the battery dead. Plugged it in and
> got an error about not being able to charge the battery.

This isn't a reason to give up. If you get this message,
simply press the reset button at the bottom, and the eMate
will try again for a couple of minutes. Usually after a
couple of attempts it will have pumped enough current into
the pack to get a voltage that the eMate considers
sufficient to start a charge cycle.

If ever I get a decent set of icons for the Extras folder,
I will release BattLog. This will help you significantly
if you want to resurrect the pack and bring it up to the
maximum possible capacity.

> I will rebuild it or as suggested here a few days ago
> just use a dbl a cage and move the one wire, sounds
> easy....

You will have to move more than one wire. You need to
connect the temperature resistor and the the positive
and negative battery contact. That's 4 wires.

You do not absolutely need the polyswitch, but you will
sleep better when you use it.

Frank