Re: [NTLK] battery holders

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 06:03:29 EDT

On 19/03/2007, at 12:43 AM, Oliver Leaman wrote:
> In newtontalk Digest V7 #133 Ralph replied to my problems in
> rebuilding a battery pack for the eMate with "I can relate to
> having problems rebuilding a battery pack, which is why I just
> replaced mine with a four cell battery holder instead".
>
> Could he tell us what sort of battery holder does the job and where
> it can be obtained, please?
>
> Oliver
Go to any hobby electronics store and ask for a 4 AA flat battery
holder pack. If you are gutting a dead battery pack, rip out the
thermistor (white wires) and the red & black wires from the
batteries. The connector is a little hard to come by in a normal
electronic retail hobby store. The thermistor is a 10kOhm if you're
just making up spare packs. It needs to be either taped to the
batteries or placed so it is in contact with the batteries.

Regards,
   - Adam Goddard