[NTLK] Bluetooth File Transfer question

From: Matthew Reidsma <mreidsma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 21 2007 - 14:10:01 EDT

Hey listers,

I ran into an issue transferring a text file from my iBook to my
Newton via Bluetooth. I've done this plenty of times already in the
week that I've had my Bluetooth card with no problems, but one
particular document gave me a headache. Here's the skinny.

This was the largest text file I had yet tried to transfer, weighing
in at 105.9k. Transfer went fine until it reached 105.6k, at which
point the transfer stopped and the Newton gave me an error that it was
out of free space. I have 1.2Mb free on the internal store and 2Mbs on
my linear card, with the In/Out box set to respect the global filing
prefs (set to Card, but also tried with Internal). I'm doubtful it's
talking about heap, especially since you can transfer much larger
documents without a hitch. I've searched the wiki and the archive, and
turned up this:

http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk&m=113330020020486&w=2

Where DJ had the same issue with a +1Mb mp3 file. He got around it by
using NCU and serial transfer, and no one was ever able to hammer out
the reason for the glitch. I haven't tried other text files of the
same size, but I did split the text file and tried sending a shorter
version (90.9k, it stopped at 90.6k and gave me the same error).
Tomorrow night I should have some time to do a bit of troubleshooting,
so if anyone has any ideas or further suggestions based on the
previous conversation in the archive, I'm happy to hear them!

And of course, thanks a ton to Eckhart for Blunt (and Flashpoint, and
Raissa, and Courier, etc. etc.)

--
-----
Matthew Reidsma :: Boston, MA USA