Re: [NTLK] Geeksafe revisited

From: R A Parker <Quadzillanet_at_SBCGlobal.net>
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 11:46:00 EDT

On Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 9:11 pm John Charlton wrote:

> I've been looking into updating
> GeekSafe with a few things, including
> blowfish encryption

Excellent!

> Anyone else use this? Anyone with
> feature requests?

All the time...

A small "Copy to Clipboard" button next to the login field AND next to the
password field. I would like to quickly Copy/Paste a login and then a
password into Newt's Cape rather than hilite drag (oops) undo hilite double
tap drag.

Linking in HyperNewt for client passwords. I keep client information
organized on my Newt and I love HyperNewt for that reason.

Preferences for window size and/or orientation and/or font size. I would
like to see wider fields that can display a full credit card # or longer
user ID's and passwords.

Scrolling in note section. I store 103 character WPA codes in the notes
field for some of my records. After that, there is no way to see any more
note info. I have to Select All, Copy and Paste somewhere else if the note
is longer than the window allows.

A USB keyboard interface. Wouldn't it be nice to use the Newton as a retro
password keychain? Plug it in, tap a couple times, it sends the
Login-Tab-Password through a standard Keyboard driver on a Mac or Windows
machine. Just dreaming of course.

I should stop here, before I delay this project indefinitely. This is
really good news, John. GeekSafe is a vital part of my Newton's
functionality. Go for it.

Ron

--
Sent using GoFetch and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
       |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
Fetch...Send...Stay... "Good Boy!"