Re: [NTLK] Knowledge Navigator

From: John Sammons <sammons.john_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 13:41:01 EDT

I think you are being a little unfair.

I purchased my first and currently only Newton 2000U from
Knowledgenavigator via Ebay. He was extremely helpful and gave me
valid advice about my purchase. I have since purchased an upgraded
battery pack and dongle destroyer, both of which arrived really
quickly and work fine.

I know there is an IP claim about the Dongle but I cant buy it from
elsewhere anyway so is it not better that someone keeps it alive?

Yes he is making a margin out of selling these things, but he also
offers a 1 year warranty as well. My Powermac G5 was priced at a
premium, I feel obliged to purchase Applecare as it has been so
unreliable in the first 12 months and Apple kindly never offer any
upgrades such as Graphics cards even though it has lots of spare
slots. Maybe apple is operating an exploitative business too? We all
run business for profit and gain unless we are a not-for-profit
organisation like the one I work for.

I am delighted with my Newton and would seriously consider purchasing
again from KN as he is able to answer my questions and assist when I
need help, for me this is worth a price premium.

John