Re: [NTLK] Trouble Moving .rtf to Newt

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 18:50:21 EDT

Yes woody is quite correct. Data though does not take up room per se,
but the newton does have to keep track of all the space on the card. So
the larger the card, the more heap is used in this fashion.

And I agree, first try resting your Newton, if that does not work then
freeze all your extra packages (try all of them first time to see if
this helps the issue). To do this go into extras, hold down the pen on
a icon till you hear a "squeak" then tap the routing (envelope) icon in
the bottom right corner then tap freeze. As for the card just leave it
out for this testing as will have the most heap as possible without
having to freeze anything.

If you don't see this option in the routing menu then get the options
package from SBM
http://www.softwarebueromueller.de/englisch/newton/optionen/index.htm
install that then in your preferences turn on freezing. There are
several other options that you might wish to use as well with that
package. But I should mention that if you turn on freezing with this,
you can remove it if you wish as freezing will remain enabled.

-Dan