Re: [NTLK] car adapter

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat May 12 2007 - 11:02:07 EDT

On 5/12/2007 12:58 AM, Steve Trotter wrote:
> I have a Philips 4.5 volt car adapter with the correct polarity on the
> plug-in-to-device end. I'm guessing it's from a cell phone.
> Anyone see any problem with using it on my 2100? it's 600 mA and it's fused.
> I know it's too low a voltage to do a good job of charging; but is 4.5 v
> enough for running the 2100 without fear of blowing things out?
> Thanks.
>
> ST

In a word no it won't work and certainly is not worth the risk to your
Newton. Well I suppose it might work in theory (it certainly won't
charge at that low of a voltage...Newton adapters are 7.5) but there are
cases where people damaged their Newton. It is just not worth the risk.
 If you really want to run your Newton on a adapter in your car, get
yourself a good quality inverter (DC to AC with good sine wave and made
for running electronics) and plug in a real Newton adapter.

-Dan