Re: [NTLK] OT - Any Amiga Users here?

From: Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 12:07:40 EDT

~~~ On 2007/05/15 15:58, William Pociengel at hseldon@my.wgu.edu wrote ~~~

> it does NOT get better when you are married. it does NOT get better if
> you reduce the pile. it will only get better when SHE gets to remove
> everything she doesn't like. I have documented proof from my ongoing
> experiment in my PhD thesis "One man's Treasure is another woman's
> Clutter" ;-)
>
> you need both a sealed room (garage doesn't count if she parks in it)
> and one obvious pile of 'stuff'. the pile of 'stuff' can be reduced as a
> sacrifice to keep her out of the sealed room

William! Where have you (and more especially, your research) been all my
married life? I and a lot of my friends could have been saved years --
decades -- of marital struggle if you had published this back, say, in the
early '80s.

My own collection of computers, computer parts, hifi components, calligraphy
pens, brushes, papers, etc., and worst of all, shelf-meters of books that
grow year by year, have been the only real source of friction over all these
years. If only I'd known about your Pile Of Stuff Technique* our almost 3
decades of harmony would've been unbroken.

---------------------

* "POST"; you should register this as one your trademarks, hold seminars for
married folks entitled "Men are from Warehouses, Women are from Garbage
Collection Companies", and get filthy rich.

You'd end up with enough money to single-handedly fund the revival of the
Newton in its next iteration -- from one of your holiday homes in the
tropical paradise of your choice.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl