Re: [NTLK] german notephone problem

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Sat May 26 2007 - 17:33:03 EDT

Just to save some bandwidth wasted on speculation...

Every NotePhone on this planet will eventally
start suffering from severe unwillingness to hang
up. There are different incarnations of this
problem. Some will never hang up, some will work
OK for as long as the mainboard is cold. You
might try to put your NotePhone in the fridge
for a couple of minutes and try again. Chances
are good that it will work. Then warm it up with
a hairdryer, and it will refuse hanging up
a couple of seconds later.

From what I can understand of how the circuit
ticks without having any technical documentation
to check, I'm inclined to think that this phone
was developed by people who, well, let's phrase it
politely, should have chosen some other profession.

Since you are in the Netherlands and I'm in
Germany, you might send me your NotePhone. Maybe
I can fix it. If I can't, it will only cost you what
it costs me to ship it back at cost.

Cheers

Frank